Monday, February 15, 2010

Facial Numbness In Teens A Question About A TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack)?

A question about a TIA (Transient ischemic attack)? - facial numbness in teens

I) a question about a TIA (transient ischemic attacks. Is it still shown in the TC, when you arrive at the hospital and do not always face signs of sagging or drooping? I went to the emergency room this weekend, I called the nurse hotline my insurance because my symptoms have changed over the day. I just started with a headache - it's gone. Well, my symptoms were my pains Nomal that (back and leg) are prone - but the pain finally neck, with severe facial numbness came / tingling that we could hardly move my mouth or facial muscles and I drool. Then the pain in my eyes. The pain was a side of my neck. The pain was a 10th The nurse told me that (like me in tears) to go to the emergency room or call 911 or somI eone lead. I went and took his sweet time (as I was the only was there) and after a while TC has a quick test, nothing unusual, they said. To spend such as headache or some other variation of my normal headaches. Well, when I saw the ER / hospital is probably the worst thing that could go one, but it is the closest. You are diagnosing the wrong people all the time. I'm sure they're right on the money, most of the time yes, but they asked me questions about the symptoms of a TIA. The nurse line was as if I had a stroke. I am 35 years old and doctors say the hospital, I'm too young to have a stroke, so it was not in question. I thought someone might attack at any age. I had one of the United NationsCLE he in his 30s, when I just discovered. I remember a boy at school who he had in his youth went. Why it's not a question?

3 comments:

Rebecca S said...

They are wrong. All patients have facial paralysis. We have other evidence such as speech and drift arm. Not all strokes occur in the brain, so that the TAC can be normal and the patient had a stroke.

It appears that you have a headache, numbness or tingling and pain had a TIA. Then his intense neck pain, numbness and tingling and loss of control over the muscles was a slight tremor.

You can suffer a stroke at any age, and because it looks like you have suffered two in a higher risk of a severe stroke. The next time you have symptoms, do not go to the hospital. You now have the clot-busting drugs, but they must be given immediately after the onset of symptoms.

Optimist said...

You owe it to themselves to get a second opinion.

Josh C said...

The initial diagnosis may be correct, and migraine are known for unusual neurological symptoms such as tingling and cause partial paralysis. However, symptoms are also planned to coincide with a transient ischemic attack (mini stroke). The only difference between a stroke or a TIA is that all the symptoms of a TIA within 24 hours should be solved.

I would see another doctor who can perform some tests to see if you are at increased risk of stroke (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood count), coagulation tests. You may also be other symptoms that you can (a sign of a migraine headache.)

Hope this helps.

Post a Comment